McDonald's Chief Marketing Officer, Mary Dillon, introduced these items this morning:
- a McDonald's tie-in to the Upcoming Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa movie, complete with a new slogan
- new global McDonald's packaging - with an emphasis on the product
MADAGASCAR: Escape 2 Africa
Beyond the obvious technique of linking a (hopefully) popular movie with their product for promotional purposes, this move plans to use the movie's characters, as well as special events and information to help children move beyond pure physical well-being and add more fulfillment to their lives. At the heart of this effort is a new slogan: 1 minute to move it (one minute to move it).
The coolest part of this announcement: McDonald's brought in gold medal Olympian Shawn Johnson to encourage kids to take 1 minute to move it. That's her in the top picture - moving it as only she can while encouraging kids to follow her example. Very cool! PS: Shawn was very gracious and fun - just as we hoped she would be. She is truly a delight and an excellent choice for such a role.
The company cited the four major goals of this packaging:
- move from "fast food" to "good food fast"
- simple, easy enjoyment
- build a strong relationship with customers
- build a strong, modern brand identity
The McChronicles: a blog about, not affiliated with, McDonald's.
Images: The McChronicles.