- The Filet-O-Fish was created by a McDonald's store owner, Lou Groen, to stem the losses caused by his predominantly Catholic clientelle heading to a fish restaurnt every Friday.
- Lou opened his first McDonald's in 1959.
- Lou was a homeless teenager during the great depression.
- Lou liquidated in 1986, he owned 43 McDonald's at the time.
- 23% of all Filet-O-Fish sandwiches are purchased during the Lenten season.
OK, back to the sandwich. After reading the article we were in the mood. The order was placed (sans frommage) and then it happened. The McChronicles was delighted by the BEST Filet-O-Fish sandwiches ever tasted! Both sandwiches were prepared to perfection - EVERYTHING was done right. Kudos to the crew that prepared them.
The McChronicles: a blog about, not affiliated with, McDonald's.
Images: The McChronicles.