One by one, people started digging in. Interestingly, the festive atmosphere turned distinctly quiet. Something was happening. Then, one by one, people began commenting. And here is what we heard (direct quotes):
- A mouthful of flavor.
- Makes me want another.
- Presentation is phenomenal.
- By far, my favorite burger of ALL our local restaurants, including the sit-downs.
- The Deluxe is the tastiest burger that I have had. Vegetables are top quality and fresh. Crunchy lettuce, juicy tomato, and crisp onions.
- The burger actually left juice in the container! I've never had such a juicy burger at McDonald’s.
- I immediately noticed the size of the box. It is huge! From step 1, I knew this was going to be "bigger than lunch".
- Wow this is a big box!
- This is not like a McDonald's burger. If someone gave me one of these on the street, I wouldn't really know where it is from.
- Everything is “right sized”; the meat, bun, and toppings were in EVERY bite! The bun was top notch, fresh and soft, and BIG.
- Taste overall is an "A". I had a lot of bacon on my burger (which is a good thing), the right amount of cheese, and the pickles and onions were good too. The only thing I would change for the next time was to leave off the mustard.
- Burger (meat) tastes like a handmade burger I’d get at a restaurant. And the paper wrapper in the box was a nice touch.
- The meat is very well cooked and not dry.
- Higher quality beef patty than expected from a fast-food restaurant.
- The Angus Third Pounder with bacon and cheese is delicious. It competes with the Big Mac for my taste buds’ attention.
- The sandwich is more filling than most other fast food sandwiches and doesn’t feel as unhealthy because the meat isn’t so greasy.
- The Swiss cheese is very “creamy” giving the burger a rich flavor without tasting “fatty”.
- Veggies taste fresh.
- Lettuce, tomatoes, and bun seem fresher then most other McDonald's burgers.
- For its size, the price is right.
- The three options for the Angus Third Pounder are each unique enough to provide an attractive option to suit everyone’s preferences!
- Mushroom & Swiss is good and BIG!
- I was pleasantly surprised that the mushrooms and cheese did not squeeze out, but stayed with the burger, right to the last bite.
- Practically perfect in every way – I just wish the calorie count was a little less.
- Very tasty - I ate it slowly to enjoy every bite.
- Comparable to my favorite burger.
- It was not what I expected from a “fast food” burger. It was more like what I’d expect from a sit-down restaurant.
- It was just like what is shown in the advertisements – not a disappointment.
- The burger was cooked perfectly, bacon was just right, the bun was full, and both the Deluxe and Bacon & Cheese had distinctly different tastes.
- I hope the Angus Burger retains this level of quality over time.
In conclusion, there was unanimous delight in our sample group (admittedly, they are all fast-foodies and known to be McDonald's customers). The Angus Third Pounder received kudos for EVERYTHING, ranging from immaculate packaging, to burger construction/presentation, to options, to price, to ingredient freshness, and, most importantly, taste.
Learn more about McDonald's Angus Third Pounder here.
Let us know YOUR opinion.