We dig these photos for so many reasons, including:
- unique McDonald's facades
- reference to the rare McVeggie Burger in UWS window
- the colors, lighting, & composition
- a friend shared them with us
- a friend took them with The McChronicles in mind
- the juxtaposition of the apartment building, the Dunkin' Donuts, et al
- the crazy Chinatown excitement is captured nicely
"Slice" (quoting his Flickr profile) is Adam Kuban, "Editor & Publisher of both Slice, America's Favorite Pizza Weblog, and A Hamburger Today, a burger blog. Also blogs on food in general at Bite by Byte."
The McChronicles has loved A Hamburger Today as long as there has been a McChronicles. Excellent writing, creativity, fun, passion, and more await you should you venture on over there (and you should).
These images remind us that, while McDonald's derives great utility from a cookie-cutter approach, they also offer up a pretty wide range of unique settings, decor, and experiences. The McChronicles always gets excited when entering a unique McDonald's store.
Thanks for thinking of us Adam. We hope to visit these McDonald's over the summer.
The McChronicles: A blog about, not affiliated with, McDonald's.
Images: Slice (Flickr)